current camping & hiking close-outs and specials
...deep discounts on better quality gear
Select Hiking Trails Scotland
This site is designed to provide quick, organized access to informative websites about Hiking in Scotland. Private hiking enthusiasts like you have created excellent web pages on hiking trails -- then posted those pages on free web servers -- only to be ignored by search engines. The purpose of this site is to provide a way to find these personal hiking pages, and make your research easier.
- General Self-guided walking tour info (inn to inn with baggage transfer service) on the XploreBritain.com website.
- Highlands -- General Here's WalkHighlands.co.uk, a good overview site that divides the Highlands by Isle of Skye, Kintail & Lochalsh, Torridon & Gairloch, and Loch Ness & Affric. It then divides each of these into sub-regions and then zeroes in with information on specific, uh, walks. Walks are what we call "hikes" in the USA. Hiking, walking...no matter what you call it, this is an excellent source of information for the region.
- Highlands -- West Highland Way (North) A short self-led hiking tour in the Scottish Highlands; site by the Discerning Traveller.
- The Island of Skye This is the Skyewalk.co.uk website, a guide to walking routes on the Isle of Skye. The site is menu driven by region, covering Trotternish, Portree and the Braes; Duirinish, Waternish and Central Skye; Minginish and the Black Cuillin; Strathaird, the Red Hills and Raasay; and Sleat and Southern Skye. Each of these pages then features links to individual guides, details, and photos for a series of routes. Excellent, informative, and growing rapidly. A must-click if you're visiting the Island of Skye.
- Loch Lomond National Park good overview with descriptions, maps, etc. on the AboutArgyll.co.uk website. Proposes a nice six day trek, based on the following...Sunday: Strachur and Strathlachlan ; Monday: Loch Goil; Tuesday: Loch Lomond; Wednesday: Ardkinglas House and Inveraray; Thursday: Isle of Bute; and . Friday: Beinn Mhor. Good photos and general info.
- The Rob Roy Way Commercial trekking service, offers some information and photos about the Rob Roy Way, a 7-day east-west trek across the Highlands. Site by Safe Journeys Adventure Treks.
Please click here for the Slackpacker web site
Want to add YOUR hiking page for Scotland? It's free, it's easy, and there are no strings attached. Please click the "Submit a Site" button, above left, for instructions and complete information.