Select Hiking Trails Germany
This site is designed to provide quick, organized access to informative hiking websites on Germany. Hiking enthusiasts like you have created excellent web pages on hiking trails in Germany -- then posted those pages on free web servers -- only to be ignored by search engines. The purpose of this site is to provide a way to find these personal hiking pages, and make your research easier.
- General This is the NatureParkTravel.com site, with extensive information on hiking trails in Central European Nature Parks between Strasbourg, Frankfurt, Berlin and Prague. Emphasis on treks in Germany, but encompasses a number of other European countries. Includes Thuringian Forest Nature Park, Eichsfeld-Hainich-Werratal Nature Park, Hainich National Park, Rhoen Biosphere Reserve and Nature Park, Schiefer Mountains, and others. Well-done, informative website.
- General -- Bergwandern und Hochtouren - Gipfel Europas The "Bergescout.com" site is a portal community, with forum, hiking partner finder, mountain database, mountain weather, packing list, equipment checklist, and plenty of mountain information. Includes very well-written tour descriptions and photos for Lasörling, Hohe Geige, Kreuzspitze, Hochfeiler, and Grosser Angelus. Very well done site; note that the text is exclusively written in German.
- Hahn Trail Roessler's has assembled a popular combination of selected long-distance hiking trails they call the Hahn Trail. It goes over the Hunsrück hills, through the UNESCO world heritage site of Upper Middle Rhine Valley and -if you want- also
along the sunny Mosselle. Nice site, informative.
- Palatinate Area WanderPortal website is indeed a "portal" for this popular hiking region near Frankfort. Plenty of ideas, photos, suggestions.
- Welzheim Customs Where do I start with this one...this is a hiking group called Welzheim Customs. Each year on May 1 they go hiking for the first time in the year. Since drinking beer is part of this time honored tradition, most people take a small hay wagon, load them with beer and go
hiking. Welzheim Customs has "pimped" their little hay cart MTV-style, and it now has everything you could possible require for a relaxed hiking tour. A soundsystem, sun shades, cool beer, revolutionary design, a grill, an integrated bottle for shots and so on...I give these guys credit for being the ultimate Slackpackers!
Please click here for the Slackpacker web site
Want to add YOUR page describing hiking in Germany? It's free, it's easy, and there are no strings attached. Please click the "Submit a Site" button, above left, for instructions and complete information.