current camping & hiking close-outs and specials
...deep discounts on better quality gear
Select Hiking Trails • Canada
This site is designed to provide quick, organized access to informative hiking websites regarding Canada. Hiking enthusiasts like you have created excellent web pages on hiking trails in Canada -- then posted those pages on free web servers -- only to be ignored by search engines. The purpose of this site is to provide a way to find these personal hiking pages, and make your research easier.
- Alberta • Hikes in the Canadian Rockies This is a series of "illustrated" hiking trails by photographer David Wasserman. Outstanding photography; great resource site for us slackers.
- Newfoundland • East Coast Trail on the east coast of the Avalon Penninsula in the province of Newfoundland, Canada. Begins in St. John's at Fort Amherst and continues south to Fermuse, with numerous access points along the route. This page is an overview of the route, and is hosted by Brown Rabbit Cabins, who provide a convenient lodging and shuttle service for the slacker.
- Newfoundland Gros Morne, moose, icebergs...enough said. Excellent photo journal of a camping/hiking/kayaking trip, by Al Sayers.
- Newfoundland • Gros Morne This isn't so much a hiking trail website as a guide to visiting the highlights of Gros Morne National Park; the site is geared to multi-day backpacking trips...site is by Gros Morne Adventures, an outfitter...good information here, and the pictures are motivation to make the journey!
- Ontario Ontario Day Hiking Trips site provides a number of brief but well written hike reports complete with some nice photos. No overwhelming hikes here; a real good resource for the Ontario slackpacker. Destinations include Presquille Provincial Park, Bowmanville River Valley, Windy Ridge Conservation Area, Fleetwood Creek Conservation Area, Pigeon River Conservation Area, Victoria County Forest, Algonquin Park and others. Good site by Tom Worsley.
- Quebec Carrefour Plein Air is an index of outdoor destinations in Quebec; features a clickable map of the Province with key destinations in Gaspésie, Laurentides - Lanaudière, Montréal - Laval, Outaouais Québec, Saguenay, Estrie - Montérégie, Côte-Nord, Anticosti, Charlevoix, Abitibi, and Bas St-Laurent. Excellent website by Louis-Martin Dubé.
- Quebec • Magdalen Islands • Iles de la Madeleine This is a sister website to slackpacker.com that serves as a guide to the various natural wonders found on the archipeligo. Focuses on natural sea arches, cliffs, sea caves, and the nature preserves. Provides some insights on how to visit the islands as well.
- Quebec • Percé Rock • Rocher Percé Not a long hike, but it takes a while: Percé Rock at the end of the Gaspé Peninsula, Quebec. Photos and description by your slackpacking hero, Rick Bolger. Fun read if I do say so myself.
Please click here for the Slackpacker web site
Want to add YOUR Canadian hiking page? It's free, it's easy, and there are no strings attached. Please click the "Submit a Site" button, above left, for instructions and complete information.